Sam Friedenberg, J.D.
Sam Friedenberg grew up in Washington, D.C., where he saw first-hand how knowledge of the law empowers one to deal with our governmental system. He has a knack for demystifying the complicated processes families encounter when dealing with rules and regulations. He helps elders plan for long-term-care costs. He helps trustees and executors of wills get through the task of settling estates. He guides people who win personal-injury cases in the best way to handle the funds they receive. His many years of experience and his broad knowledge of public policy provide his clients with an effective advocate. Sam is fluent in Spanish, which adds to his excellent communication skills.
- BA Tufts University, 1980
- JD Lewis & Clark School of Law, 1985
Association & Board Memberships
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member & former Chairman – Agency and Professional Relations Committee of Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Past Member – Executive Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Board Member – End of Life Choices – Oregon
- Past Member – Uniform Trial Court Rules Committee – Oregon State Bar
- Past Member – Probate Advisory Committee – Multnomah County
- Volunteer – Senior Law Project
- Member – Oregon State Bar
Practice Areas: Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning • Estate Planning • Trust Administration • Settlement Services • Special Needs Planning • Elder Law • Medicaid • Probate • Wrongful Death Probate • Guardianships/Conservatorships