Darin Dooley, J.D.
Darin Dooley enjoys helping people plan for their future, including the prospect of declining health. Darin understands how emotionally difficult the process can be and he wants his clients to feel good about their planning and confident that their wishes will be carried out effectively. Before becoming an attorney, Darin taught English as a second language and lived in Japan for over ten years. This background helps make Darin an effective communicator with a respect for cultural differences.
Darin is the chair of the Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar for 2019.
- BS Oregon State University
- MA Portland State University
- JD Willamette University College of Law
Association & Board Memberships
- Chair, Elder Law Section – Oregon State Bar
- Executive Committee Member – Elder Law Section – Oregon State Bar
- Member – Estate Planning and Administration Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Young Lawyers Section – Multnomah Bar Assn. 2008-2014
- Past Committee Member – YLS YouthFilm Project
- Chair – YLS YouthFilm Project committee 2011-2012
- Member – Multnomah Bar Association
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member – Oregon State Bar
- OSB Elder Law Newsletter – Legal Capacity – 2018
- OSB Elder Law Newsletter – Non-Disqualifying Transfers to a Disabled Child – 2018
- NAELA Journal – Nay v. DHS – 2017
- OSB Elder law Newsletter – Considerations in Choosing to Nominate a Professional Fiduciary versus a Family Member as Guardian – 2016
- OSB Elder Law Newsletter – Nay v. Department of Human Services – 2015
- OSB Elder Law Newsletter – Changes in Oregon Medicaid eligibility under the Affordable Care Act – 2014
Practice Areas: Estate Planning • Elder Law • Medicaid • Special Needs Planning • Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning • Trust Administration