Garvin Reiter, J.D., CELA*
Garvin is especially good at problem solving in a non-adversarial context. He’ll take a case to court if that’s the right course of action, but his experience proves that many problems can be worked out once everyone understands the options. Garvin has been recognized by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF)* as a Certified Elder Law Attorney, he has extensive knowledge of all options available to elders, including how to pay for long-term care without depleting all assets. Garvin works with younger people as well to make sure their children are protected, to minimize inheritance taxes and plan for incapacity. Garvin also enjoys working with blended families and same sex couples to achieve their planning goals.
*The National Elder Law Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 1993, and is dedicated to the development and improvement of the professional competence of lawyers in the area of elder law.
- BA Reed College, 1989
- JD Lewis & Clark School of Law, 1996
Association & Board Memberships
- Member – Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Past Executive Committee Member – Elder Law Section -Oregon State Bar
- Board Member – Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon
- Past Board Member – Metropolitan Senior Network
- Certified Elder Law Attorney – National Elder Law Foundation
- Member – Oregon State Bar
Practice Areas: Elder Law • Medicaid • Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning • Estate Planning • Special Needs Planning • Guardianships/Conservatorships • Probate • Wrongful Death Probate